Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Standing on the Rock


Have you ever stood on a solid rock? When I stand on a rock, I am upheld, secure and steady. The rock is not going anywhere. Our God is like that strong, unmovable rock. When we are standing on Him, He will never falter or let us down. He is a perfect, solid rock, upon which we can stand securely.

“On Christ, the solid Rock I stand –
All other ground is sinking sand,
All other ground is sinking sand.”
~ From “The Solid Rock” by Edward Mote


Life is full of changes. Some of these alterations may seem exciting, while others are difficult. But either way, there is only one thing that does not ever change. Our God is firm and steadfast. Today I was reading from 2 Samuel 22. David writes:

“The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God,
 my rock, in whom I take refuge…” ~ 2 Samuel 22:2-3a

David recognized that the Lord was His Rock and He leaned on God alone. He continues,

            “For who is God, but the Lord? And who is a rock, except our God?”
~ 2 Samuel 22:32

Only God is a rock. Other people will fail and falter, but God will not. He is always faithful and true. For, “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever” (Hebrews 13:8).


In my life, circumstances have changed. People become different over the years. Friendships have been altered. One moment I feel one way and the next I’ll feel another. Places are different. Health changes depending on what I eat and how much sleep I get. My schedule differs depending on my season of life. So many things in my life have changed over the years. Some of the changes were great (like starting a Bright Lights discipleship group), while some were more difficult (like moving when I was eleven). Through every single change, God has been a solid Rock for me. Whatever I face, He is right there, upholding and strengthening me for the task. He lives and He is real.

“The Lord lives, and blessed be my rock, and exalted be my God, the rock of my salvation.”
~ 2 Samuel 22:47


As we walk in God’s ways, let’s remember the joy of knowing that though things around us may change, He will never change. Whatever lies ahead in our path – good or difficult – God is holding us. We are secure in Him! He is forever faithful. He’s wonderful! Let’s always lean on Him.

“Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord God is an everlasting rock.”
~ Isaiah 26:4

With blessings in Christ, our Rock,
Christina

Photo Credits: Christina B., Alyssa H., and Doug B.

Soli Deo Gloria - To God Alone Be the Glory!