Saturday, November 15, 2014

This Week I'm Thankful For…


Don't worry. I'm not going to flood the blog and emails with snowy pictures yet, but I am interrupting the autumn pictures to give you glimpse into my backyard. These snowy pictures display the biggest thing I'm thankful for this week. Snow!

I've been a little ditzy the last couple days (as my family and a couple friends could attest). Something exciting gets in my blood when it snows and I've just been ecstatic and delighted every time I see how beautiful the world is, covered with soft whiteness. Each year I wonder if I'll still be so happy and excited about the snow. I'm always afraid I'll outgrow it. But even though I'm almost twenty, I still feel like a little girl again when it snows. The sparkling beauty that covers the brown and makes all things new renews my heart. I know you may not all enjoy the snow, but I hope you'll reflect on how God has cleansed you and made you as white as snow. In the meantime, I'm lovin' every minute!


Besides snow, this week, I've been thankful for...
1. Music - it praises God, blesses others, moves my heart, and brings me joy!
2. A glorious sunset of orange intermingled with the blue sky, making everything look "peachy".
3. My teenage sister with whom I share so much.
4. My identity in Christ.
5. Snow!
6. Pink ankle socks.
7. Life in Christ - satisfying, fulfilling, and full of joy!

"I give thanks to you, O Lord my God, with my whole heart, 
and I will glorify your name forever." 
~ Psalm 86:12

I can't wait to see your lists for this week! Keep giving thanks. And stay warm!

Blessings,
Christina

Soli Deo Gloria ~ To God Alone Be the Glory!


Photo Credits: Leanna B.