Friday, January 23, 2015

The Hopeful Birds

I was sitting at my desk in my room yesterday when I heard two birds singing shrilly right outside of my window. It startled me because it has been such a long time since I have heard or seen birds. Winter in Michigan sends most of them south!

These little animals remind me of the hope we have in the goodness of God. The birds are singing with snow outside and fluttering their wings in spite of the bitter cold. For they have hope that Spring will come again, just as it always does.

We have similar hope in the Lord. In times of trial, we can depend on the Lord who doesn't change (Hebrews 13:8) and who will renew our hearts: "And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you" (1 Peter 5:10).

There are three people I know who are facing the trial of sickness right now. A girl with a stomach infection…a teenager with cancer…a middle age man in a coma…While this time is very difficult for them and their families, they can have hope in their hearts because of Jesus Christ.

When we are facing difficult seasons of life, through the Lord, we can still sing. Like the birds singing in the midst of the cold and the snow, we have the hope of "Spring" in our hearts as we anticipate heaven and rejoice in the faithfulness of our God.

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, 
so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope." 
~ Romans 15:13

Hoping in Christ with you,
Christina

Soli Deo Gloria ~ To God Alone Be the Glory!