Thursday, January 8, 2015

My Hiding Place

Outside my window, the snow is swirling and blowing steadily all around the house and every once in awhile, a spray of snow clashes against the siding. It's around 1 degree Fahrenheit out there. Burrr…Despite the blizzard-like cold outside, here inside, it's toasty warm and I can hear the soft sound of heat gently circulating through the house. 

Scripture tells us that God is our hiding place. David wrote, "You are a hiding place for me; you preserve me from trouble; you surround me with shouts of deliverance. Selah" (Psalm 32:7). When storms are swirling around us, we are hidden and protected by God. Whatever we may be facing in our lives, we can run to God, the one who hides us and protects us in His arms. This is indeed reason to rejoice! "But let all who take refuge in you rejoice; let them ever sing for joy, and spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may exult in you" (Psalm 5:11).

Although there may be storms swirling all around us, we have a hiding place in Christ. This is the best place we could ever be.   

"You are my hiding place and my shield; I hope in your word."
~ Psalm 119:114

Hiding in Him with you,
Christina

Soli Deo Gloria ~ To God Alone Be the Glory!