Monday, January 12, 2015

Psalm 91:1

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty." 
~ Psalm 91:1

To be hidden in Christ is to abide.
It is sweet protection to be on the inside.
Held in His hand, kept safe and secure,
I know this is something that I must learn.
To abide in God is to be in Him.
To be in Him is to be safely hidden.
Forever secured, cherished, and loved.
Held tightly by my loving Father above.
It's a gift to belong to my God.
Someone to whom I shouldn't even be allowed to nod.
But He reached down and loves me fully,
So what more could I need to be satisfied completely.
Whenever I'm worried, discontent, or afraid,
There's One at whose side I need to stay.
Here I find life, fullness, joy, and more.
Only in the presence of God does my heart soar. 
For He is good and His love is forever.
On Him I lean, for He will change never.  
When my life, feelings, or seasons change,
My God will always be the same.
He is my Shelter and Shadow, too,
I'll rest in the One who is forever true.
~ Christina