Friday, March 13, 2015

A Fresh Fragrance

Spring is finally coming with warm sun rays, melting snow, and the fresh smell of all things new. I had my window opened yesterday to let in the Spring breeze. Later in the day, my little sister walked into my bedroom. "I like your room the best. It smells like Spring."

She made me smile. And it also made me think. The rest of the rooms in the house are stuffy in comparison to the freshness of mine. Windows have been closed for a long time (since winter in Michigan tends to last quite awhile!) and everything smells like it has been closed up for months. But my room, because the window was open, smells fresh and new.

When people walk into my life, do they smell the freshness and beauty of Christ's newness in me? Or is it a stale perfume that greets them? If my life in Christ has become dull to me, without the vibrant life that comes through growing in the love and knowledge of Jesus, than people will not be drawn to His fragrance in me, because it has been made stuffy and old. On the other hand, when I am delighting in Christ and in knowing Him more in His fullness and beauty each day, there is newness and life in me, like a sweet, fresh perfume spread to everyone in my life.

Paul wrote,

"But thanks be to God, who in Christ always leads us in triumphal procession, 
and through us spreads the fragrance of Him everywhere." 
~ 2 Corinthians 2:14 ~

What an awesome privilege we have been given to be vessels of God's fragrance! Let's spread His sweetness to everyone we meet! 

Blessings,
Christina

Soli Deo Gloria ~ To God Alone Be the Glory!