Friday, September 12, 2014

Living Today

"I came that they may have life and have it abundantly." John 10:10b


Last night I felt a sore throat coming on. Waking up this morning with a cold made me want to wish tomorrow was here, in the hope that I would feel better. But lately God has been impressing it on my heart that I need to be fully invested right where He has me, right down to the very day and situation in which He has placed me. So, as I drove to work this morning, I realized that by God's strength, I wanted to "be all there" (Jim Elliot) throughout this day, not wishing tomorrow was here and thus missing out on all the wonderful things God had in store.

Even though I didn't feel well today, I was blessed to enjoy cuddling with the adorable kids at work, be welcomed home by my affectionate, funny family, listen to music while under my blankets, enjoy delicious dinner smells wafting up the stairs to my room, and drink lemon tea with honey. 


I am alive today. And I'm thankful. God had good things in store for today, even though I was sick. If I was so caught up wishing that today was "tomorrow", I would have missed out on the sweetness and joys God had in store for today. I'm loved by God and I have a reason for living in Him. Because He lives, I can also live and rejoice and delight in today. You can too. 

"For to this end we toil and strive, because we have our hope set on the living God,
who is the Savior of all people, especially of those who believe." 1 Timothy 4:10

Living in Jesus,
Christina

Soli Deo Gloria ~ To God Alone Be the Glory!